In the movie, she is first seen in the chariot rides, waving to the crowds along with Chase Nelson. They are wearing silver outfits that represent the intricate inner working of electronic devices, the industry of their district.
In the film, it shows her listening to Atala, who is giving the tributes training advice. Later she was seen running on the gauntlets during training and was knocked off. As a result, she split her lip. Glimmer Belcourt, Marvel Sanford, Clove Kentwell, and Cato Hadley laugh at her, and Glimmer elbows Chase, who laughs as well so that the careers might like him.
The 74th Hunger Games
Mayley was killed in the initial Cornucopia bloodbath. Like many of the tributes, she ran for supplies. She grabs a backpack, but Marina Macken confronts her and slits her legs open with a sword, injuring her. Chris Mark spots her on the ground and slashes her neck with a sickle, killing her. She places 22nd out of the 24 tributes. Her face was the first seen by Katniss Everdeen on the first night of the Games.
In the book, she, like the other 20 fallen tributes, had their DNA mixed with a wolf to make a muttation that had similar characteristics to this tribute. It is unknown if her muttation survived after the fight between Katniss, Peeta, and Cato.
During Katniss and Peeta's Victory Tour in District 3, her family is seen with 3 boys and one father, making people believe that she only had a dad and 3 brothers.
- In the film, her odds of winning were 30-1.
- She was the tallest female tribute at 5' 9".
- She was the 3rd dead, but, when Savannah Lintz was killed, on the scoreboard behind Caesar it can be seen that she was the 2nd dead.
- She lasted 29 seconds in the Games.
- Her portrayer confirmed her name was originally going to be Amber but changed it to Maylie. That is most likely the reason people believed that was her name was Amber.