"Electric, solar, and nuclear - District 5 harnesses the energy of the earth and the sky in order to power our great nation".
District 5 and the others except for 13 were defeated in the dark days, but district 13 was completely destroyed at this time.
Their main export is electricity, making them have to power all of Panem. For a long time District Five was the place to be if you wanted to work with animals, and remnants of this industry still remain, from scattered ranches to exotic pet breeding for the richer members of the populace.
However, the time when husbandry truly dominated the economy is past, and now oil rigs and refineries are the far more common sights. Sadly, the region is becoming far more polluted than in previous years- but it's also better off financially than before, so many consider the smog an unfortunate but more than fair tradeoff.
District 5 doesn't do so bad in the Games. This is not a surprise since their tributes are very smart. They win more than most districts.
These are jobs in District 5:
- Powerplant security officer
- Equipment manager
- System analyst
- District 5 Male (74 HG)
- Foxface (74 HG)
- James Logan (43 HG and 75 HG)
- Ivette Li-Sanchez (67 HG and 75 HG)
- Porter Millicent Tripp (38 HG)
- Gliese Dugald (Victor of The 3rd Hunger Games)
- Soren Galloway (Victor of The 8th Hunger Games)
- Venture Allardyce (Victor of The 20th Hunger Games)
- Thorburn Chlodowech (Victor of The 40th Hunger Games)
- James Logan (Victor of The 43rd Hunger Games)
- Ashleen Ballyregan (Victor of the Unknown Games - go to Other Victors for the explanation)
- Ivette Li-Sanchez (Victor of The 67th Hunger Games)