"Do you like seafood? Shrimp and crabmeat? Often overlooked, District 4 plays an essential role, bringing us the bounty of the sea. These citizens are adept with nets and tridents, and can swim like fish themselves."
District 4 and the others except for 13 were defeated in the dark days, but district 13 was completely destroyed at this time. After this, the Hunger Games were born.
Its major export is fishing, and children are apparently trained for jobs in this industry at a youth.
As with any other District, nearly all of the catch is taken to The Capitol be redistributed (mostly to Capitolites, of course), but they always have enough left over for the health of the population as a whole. Partly as a result, Four is the lowest District known for its Careers, who despite being poorer than their One and Two counterparts have proven themselves just as deadly.
Since they're from here, they are a career district, making them more dangerous then most districts. They also have experience in swimming, and usually can use a trident, since they've used them in the past.
The following jobs are offered in District 4:
- Ship Captain
- Deep Sea Pearl Diver
- Marina (74th HG)
- District 4 Male (74th HG)
- Unknown District 4 Male (74 HG)
- Mags Flanagan (11 HG)
- Finnick Odair (65 HG)
- Annie Cresta (70 HG)
- District 4 Male (70th HG)
- Mags Flanagan - Victor of The 11th Hunger Games
- Muscida Selkirk - Victor of The 31st Hunger Games
- Librae Ogilvy - Victor of The 51st Hunger Games
- Finnick Odair - Victor of The 65th Hunger Games
- Ron Stafford - Victor of The 68th Hunger Games
- Annie Cresta -Victor of The 70th Hunger Games
- The mayor in this District is the father of victor Ron Stanfford.
- There are two unknown male victors that showed up in the reaping in 75 ADD.