"One of the outer districts, this is nonetheless a crucial one. These brave and hardy workers descend deep into the earth each day to mine the coal that keeps our nation running."
During these times, District 12 was defeated, along with every other district, except District 13, which was destroyed completely. This district was built in a place once known as the Appalachia.
District 12's main export is coal mining. Their children have to be at least 17 to be in this job, while the younger ones go to school. This gives them a big disadvantage in the Games since they're not really prepared to fight.
As mentioned above, District 12 does horribly bad when it comes to this sport. Their lack of food also doesn't help them either. Usually both the tributes die in the Cornucopia Bloodath, or are killed on day 2.
The following jobs are offered here in 12:
- Coal miner
- Hob Merchant
- District 12 Male (66 HG)
- District 12 Female (66 HG)
- Maria Mellark (67 HG)
- District 12 Male (67 HG)
- District 12 Male (73 HG)
- District 12 Female (73 HG)
- Katniss Everdeen (74, 75, and 76 HG)
- Peeta Mellark (74, 75, and 76 HG)
- Maysilee Donner (50 HG)
- Haymitch Abernathy (50 HG)
- Rummage Lorman (5 HG)
- Katniss Everdeen (Victor of The 74th Hunger Games)
- Peeta Mellark (Victor of The 74th Hunger Games)
- Haymitch Abernathy (Victor of The 50th Hunger Games)
- Rummage Lorman (Victor of The 5th Hunger Games)
- The pillar for District 12 says that there is only 3 victors, but that's not true. We know this since in The Hunger Games novel, before Katniss and Peeta won, they mentioned a deceased victor that won before Haymitch's time. Some people call this victor "Rummage Lorman."